[Obm] New recruit testing 2.4-rc2 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 (64-bit)

Matthieu Baechler matthieu.baechler at linagora.com
Mon Aug 22 14:04:48 CEST 2011

Hi Ian,

First, thanks for your interest in our product.

See my answers below :

Le dimanche 21 août 2011 à 23:31 +0100, Ian McMichael a écrit :

[...]

> I have a few questions, which I am hoping others on the list can assist
> me with:
>
> 1. Do you agree with my approach for getting 2.4 to install on Ubuntu Lucid?

I don't have a better way for this, our packages should be updated in
the futur to match recent versions of debian and ubuntu.

> 2. Why did the daily builds stop on 31st March? They are stuck at rc2
> but I see from the releases page that rc5 is out and could well fix some
> of the bugs I noted above.

Work is currently under way to rationalize our repositories and
continuous integration processes. During this work, repositories doesn't
hold latest versions of our work. It will be fixed for 2.4 release.

> 3. I have not had much luck getting Minig to work in this environment
> yet. Ideally I would use Roundcube as I am already familiar with this.
> Is there any pre-release documentation I could test to try and get this
> working?

We discontinued our investment on minig for some time and we advise to
use roundcube instead. We have done some work to integrate some OBM
features into roundcube and you can find more informations about it at
http://obm.org/doku.php?id=roundcube

> 4. How can I assist with translation work and help improve the English
> support in 2.4?
> 5. If I were to implement a new server, are the 2.4 release candidates
> the best way to go or should I use 2.3.x and then migrate when 2.4 is
> finally released?

I advise you to go with 2.4 RCs right now.

Best regards,

--
Matthieu Baechler <matthieu.baechler at linagora.com>