[Obm] obm 2.4

Anthony Prades anthony.prades at obm.org
Tue Jun 8 10:14:27 CEST 2010

bman bman <bman at duuit.com> wrote on 06/03/2010 11:42 PM:

> field table exists and i am using service deb package
> : obm-services_2.4.0-1~9776_all.deb
> Maybe my upgrade from 2.3 went foul, could you guide me on how to setup the
> database again like new for 2.4?
> or just delete the db and reinstall the deb files?

Hi,

You're right, upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4 fail, so your database isn't correctly
updated.
For now, and until official 2.4.0 official release, it's not possible/not easy
to upgrade from one RC to another - database upgrade will be run at each
upgrade, but will fail.

You must re-install your database :
  - drop your OBM database
  - go to /usr/share/obm/www/scripts/2.4
  - run ./install_obmdb_2.4.sh

If you prefer to migrate your 2.3 database :
  - restore your 2.3 OBM database
  - go to /usr/share/obm/www/scripts/2.4
  - run ./update-2.3-2.4.sh

Anthony