[Obm] MiniG and MySQL

Paweł Tęcza ptecza at uw.edu.pl
Wed Jun 2 15:26:01 CEST 2010

BAUDRACCO Pierre pisze:
> Hello,
>
> to clarify :
> Minig can work with an mysql OBM database.
> But for internal storage, minig stores some data (ids,..) in a private postgres
> database. This will not change as these data are not to be used or known by
> others applications.
>
> So Minig can work with a mysql OBM install, but it will still install a postgres
> database for internal purpose.
>
> Pierre

Hello again,

Pierre and Vincent, thank you very much for your reply!

If I understood correctly architecture of OBM/MiniG, I need to use
PostgreSQL for MiniG, but for OBM I can choose whether I want to use
MySQL or PostgreSQL. Am I right?

If so, what's you opinion about using only PostgreSQL for both OBM and
MiniG? Is it a good idea? Could you please point me any document about
best practices for OBM/MiniG?

Have a nice day,

Pawel