[Obm] MiniG and MySQL

ALQUIER Vincent vincent.alquier at aliasource.fr
Wed Jun 2 15:50:36 CEST 2010

Paweł Tęcza a écrit :
> Hello again,
> Pierre and Vincent, thank you very much for your reply!
> If I understood correctly architecture of OBM/MiniG, I need to use
> PostgreSQL for MiniG, but for OBM I can choose whether I want to use
> MySQL or PostgreSQL. Am I right?

Exactly !

> If so, what's you opinion about using only PostgreSQL for both OBM and
> MiniG? Is it a good idea? Could you please point me any document about
> best practices for OBM/MiniG?

It's probably better to use Postgre for both OBM and MiniG if you install them
on the same machine...
But historically, most of the actual users prefers mysql for OBM.

The best document you can find about installing OBM is available here :
http://obm.org/doku.php?id=docs:install:debian_obm23
You can have an overview of the OBM architecture complexity.

best regards,

Vincent