[Obm] ... AliaSource OBM et le marche Americain de l'immobilier?

Emmanuel Lemor exlemor at 0one0.com
Mon Mar 26 15:45:49 CEST 2007

Bonjour a tous/Hello everyone,

I have been looking at what appears to be your very capable program OBM...
and I was wondering how it could out of the box or with some
customizations be applied to the US Real Estate industry.

One of my East Coast  Real Estate  Re/MAX agency is looking to replace
their VERY antiquated Top Producer CRM program [very bad CRM program I
might add]

They are looking for some if not all of this functionality in their new
CRM and I was wondering
how well OBM could fit the bill out of the box and what would need to be
customized.

1. On the contact management side of things, we need the ability to
schedule events to occur such as phone calls, appointments to show a
house, [tasks such as:] letters to go out to
a potential or existing client.

1a. An Alarm clock feature would be nice to be reminded of certain task
[a la Outlook reminders]

2. Ability to integrate with Word /Open Office [if necessary] in terms
of clicking on and editing new documents with some of the information
already
filled out [ie templates]

3. Ability of multiple people to work on database / data via Desktop or
Internet at the same time.

4. Ability to create custom categories for customers [just like Top
Producer can do].
4a. Preferably import the ones from Top Producer directly.

5. Synching with Palm / Palm Smartphone

6. Have the ability to have or add multiple fields for email addresses,
telephone numbers etc
i.e. Hold multiple addresses under each record.

7. Log into the notes of the contact, every email incoming and outgoing
which involves the contact
with the understanding that they are using Thunderbird as an email client.

8. The ability to know who created a record quickly/easily.

9. Import current contact information from Top Producer to New System.

10. Import of canned/template letters from Top Producer to New System.

I know that based on my research and talking to Ms Marie-Christine Conte
that some of these capabilities
are already possible such as no. 5.

But other things come to mind, such as ... typically when a program is
written by a European company
it adheres to European address formats... including cedex and odd
ordering [as viewed by Americans of course]

Also just as if complications were not already present enough in the
list above, the customer
would very much prefer staying with a Windows platform for their CRM. I
have been told that OBM will
run under a Windows [WAMP or WAPP] stack even if certain modules would
not be implementable...

Sincerely,

Emmanuel Lemor.