[Obm] access denied for user @localhost to database obm

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr
Mon, 9 May 2005 17:55:28 +0200

> I've installed obm  Debian unstable according to the instructions. I
> updated the /etc/php4/apache2/cli/php.ini file and the

You mean /etc/php4/cli/php.ini

> /etc/php4/apache2/php.ini file according to the instructions. My virtual
> host is the same as the example in the instructions. The setup script
> for 0.8 and 0.9 work with out any errors. I have inserted new default
> preferences values.

So your cli/php.ini is correct

> When I connect to the virtual host I get the login box. I enter the
> default user uadmin and padmin, and submit. I get the error message:
>
> Database error: cannot use database obm
> MySQL Error: 1044 (Access denied for user '@localhost' to database 'obm')
> Session halted.
>
> It looks like the username for the obm database is not being sent to the
> database for authentication. I have created the obm user and I can login
> into the obm database from the command line using the obm username and
> password.
>
> My obm_conf.inc, and install_obmdb_0.9.mysqll.sh  file is the same as
> the example in the instructions.
>
> I've tried this with both versions 0.8 and 0.9, and get the same error
> message. Any ideas?

You are running apache2 and not apache (you have configured apache2)
Is the php_include_path correctly set in your virtual host conf ?
Have you another obm_conf.inc elsewhere with different values (an older conf)
that is present in the include_path ?
Is register_global set to On in your apache2/php.ini ?

Hope this helps.

Bye

--
Pierre Baudracco - Aliacom - 05 62 19 24 91 - www.aliacom.fr