[Obm] access denied for user @localhost to database obm

Kevin Crick crickk@halifaxpubliclibraries.ca
Mon, 09 May 2005 11:34:31 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I've installed obm  Debian unstable according to the instructions. I
updated the /etc/php4/apache2/cli/php.ini file and the
/etc/php4/apache2/php.ini file according to the instructions. My virtual
host is the same as the example in the instructions. The setup script
for 0.8 and 0.9 work with out any errors. I have inserted new default
preferences values.

When I connect to the virtual host I get the login box. I enter the
default user uadmin and padmin, and submit. I get the error message:

Database error: cannot use database obm
MySQL Error: 1044 (Access denied for user '@localhost' to database 'obm')
Session halted.

It looks like the username for the obm database is not being sent to the
database for authentication. I have created the obm user and I can login
into the obm database from the command line using the obm username and
password.

My obm_conf.inc, and install_obmdb_0.9.mysqll.sh  file is the same as
the example in the instructions.

I've tried this with both versions 0.8 and 0.9, and get the same error
message. Any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin Crick
Halifax Public Libraries