[Obm] Special characters in the OBM password

Ali Larab a.larab at labsoft.fr
Fri Apr 1 11:13:56 CEST 2016

Hello,
During installation of OBM-Postfix, special characters are not accepted for the OBM databse username.
Using special characters in the password fails the automatic installation of OBM (in our case with puppet).
So, we install OBM with a simple password and then we change it manually:
- In the /et/obm/obm_conf.ini file (password = "password_with_special_characters") and
- In the database:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'labobm' @ 'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password_with_special_characters' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Is there any parade or are you planning a solution to this constraint of special characters?
Cordially.

Cordialement.
Ali