[Obm] LDAP Server Roles?

Matthieu Baechler matthieu.baechler at linagora.com
Fri Dec 6 16:48:39 CET 2013

Hi Fabien,

Le vendredi 06 décembre 2013 à 15:41 +0100, f.bonnet at labsoft.fr a
écrit :
> Bonjour!
>
> Will make it in english but I'm from Toulouse :)
>
> How can the ldap service help with on an obm installation? it seems to
> work well with the Database only. But i'm pretty sure there is
> something interesting with the ldap.

The LDAP that comes with OBM is here to satisfy some technical services
like cyrus.

Cyrus uses sasl that calls LDAP for authentication.

OBM takes care of the synchronization between the database and ldap.

> I'm setting up obm to use mail, contacts, tasks, maybe file sharing,
> and some calls from an external program.
>
> I'm gonna have some questions as I'm working on a project which
> includes OBM, is it ok if I keep posting here?

Of course, we are always eager to know our users and their use of OBM.

--
Matthieu Baechler <matthieu.baechler at linagora.com>