[Obm] Cyrus Authentication

Fabien ADAM fabien.adam at linagora.com
Fri Jan 7 15:13:19 CET 2011

Le 07/01/2011 14:42, François Bachelier a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
>     I'm François Bachelier head of the IT service of IHES  a  mathematics
> and physics research institute near paris.
> We are currently migrating under OBM.
> My first question to the list is about OBM/Cyrus  Authentication.
>
> by default we need to use login at domain as username for our mail clients
> configuration, this is quite annoying for us, as we will have to
> reconfigure all the mail clients after we switch to OBM cyrus mail server.
>
> I saw that cyrus could be configured to use only the login and get the
> domain name hard coded in the configuration, but i failed to make it works
>
> actualy our imapd.conf looks like this :
>
> virtdomains: userid
> #defaultdomain:
> # Enable virtual domain support.  If enabled, the user's domain will
> # be determined by splitting a fully qualified userid at the last '@'
> # or '%' symbol.  If the userid is unqualified, and the virtdomains
> # option is set to "on", then the domain will be determined by doing
> # a reverse lookup on the IP address of the incoming network
> # interface, otherwise the user is assumed to be in the default
> # domain (if set).
>

> i tried to put defaultdomain: mydomain
> i tried also virtdomains : off / on
>
> but nothing seems to work.
>
> Is there a way to make this work ?

You have to edit /etc/saslauthd.conf to use the second filter :
ldap_filter:
(|(&(|(mailBox=%U@%d)(mailBox=%U@<singleDomainName>))(objectClass=obmUser)(mailAccess=PERMIT))(&(uid=%U)(cn=Administrator
Cyrus*)(objectClass=posixAccount)))

Then you need to test it with :
$ testsaslauthd -u userlogin -p password

--
Fabien ADAM
Linagora GSO