[Obm] Minig installation question

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Mon Mar 1 22:00:48 CET 2010

Hello all,

After succesfully installing obm (see previous posts) I ventured to
install minig.
There is little information on this. I found a snippet on
http://code.google.com/p/minig/wiki/ReadmeFirst

Did a:
apt install obm-solr minig-conf minig-backend minig minig-storage

First question:
Minig-storage depends on postgresql. And there seems to be no way to
convince it to use mysql.
Is this package really needed? What does it do, and can it work with mysql?

Second question:
After installation, there appears a "webmail" button when I log in as
a user in obm.
It points at https://obm.oatfield.nl/minig/WebmailUI.en.html, which
seems encouraging, but the result is a white page with
MiniG access not allowed.

I searched through the obm settings, but can't seem to find a way to
allow minig access.

How can I enable this?

Regards,

Bert