[Obm] Too many problems

Jack Weishun jweishun@gmail.com
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:10:16 -0500

>From the demo, OBM looks like a pretty good application but, after
trying to install it, on a shared server, for a week and a half, I
give up.

FWIW, I found the installation much too difficult and that after
having installed several hundred scripts. This is the only script, of
this type, I've seen that requires editing 'php.ini', directly;
something most people, on shared servers, aren't able to do. The
documentation is confusing and/or incomplete. Support is limited in
that, while Pierre did respond to my first few messages, I still
haven't seen a step by step guide to installing on a shared server and
the instructions provided haven't worked either for me or the server
admin.

Fortunately, I found vtigerCRM, based on SugarCRM, which seems to have
all the features I need and I was able to install, in less than ten
minutes.