[Obm] First Use

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:44:05 +0200

> > You defined a virtualhost "salmo" and you try to access it with localhost
> !!
>
>    I replaced the virtual host ("obm-panthere") in the example with the name
> of the host that _is_ the localhost, "salmo" in my case. In
> /etc/apache/httpd.conf, I changed the virtual host ServerName to localhost
> and salmo.appl-ecosys.com without getting the correct display.

"salmo" and "localhost" are different host names for a virtual host

>    When I change the IP address from 168.192.55.1 to 127.0.0.1, that has no
> effect either. Neither does adding an explicity port to the IP address.
>
>    This is how this section now appears:
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.55.1:443>
>      ServerAdmin webmaster@appl-ecosys.com
>      ServerName salmo.appl-ecosys.com
>      DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs/obm/php
>      ErrorLog /var/log/apache/obm-error.log
>      CustomLog /var/log/apache/obm-access.log common
>      SetEnv OBM_INCLUDE_VAR obminclude
>      Alias /images /var/www/htdocs/obm/obminclude/themes
>      DirectoryIndex obm.php
> </VirtualHost>

The directive ServerName must be exactly the host you type in your url to get
this virtual host.
Here it tells that you must access https://salmo.appl-ecosys.com to be served by
this virtual host. (so salmo.appl-ecosys.com must resolv to 192.168.55.1 too)
Look in your apache logs (obm-access.log, and others) to see which virtual host
respond to you request.

First make sure your request goes to the correct virtual host.
Then configure obm, (include_path in php.ini, cgp_host) that should be ok

> Sorry if I appear dense, but I've followed what works for the other two
> locally-installed web-based applications, plus the instructions in the 1.2
> page on the OBM web site.

It's better to only follow the obm instructions as these may be different than
for your other apps.

--
Pierre Baudracco - Aliacom - 05 62 19 24 91 - www.aliacom.fr