[Obm] First Use

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:15:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Pierre Baudracco wrote:

> You defined a virtualhost "salmo" and you try to access it with localhost !!

   I replaced the virtual host ("obm-panthere") in the example with the name
of the host that _is_ the localhost, "salmo" in my case. In
/etc/apache/httpd.conf, I changed the virtual host ServerName to localhost
and salmo.appl-ecosys.com without getting the correct display.

   When I change the IP address from 168.192.55.1 to 127.0.0.1, that has no
effect either. Neither does adding an explicity port to the IP address.

   This is how this section now appears:

<VirtualHost 192.168.55.1:443>
     ServerAdmin webmaster@appl-ecosys.com
     ServerName salmo.appl-ecosys.com
     DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs/obm/php
     ErrorLog /var/log/apache/obm-error.log
     CustomLog /var/log/apache/obm-access.log common
     SetEnv OBM_INCLUDE_VAR obminclude
     Alias /images /var/www/htdocs/obm/obminclude/themes
     DirectoryIndex obm.php
</VirtualHost>

   Sorry if I appear dense, but I've followed what works for the other two
locally-installed web-based applications, plus the instructions in the 1.2
page on the OBM web site.

Thanks,

Rich