[Obm] installation of obm under debian (sarge)

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:18:58 +0200

Quoting claude dunand <claude.dunand@cp.finances.gouv.fr>:

> Thanks a lot
> May i ask you if  a ldap sever may be used to connect to OBM ?
> thanks
>
> dunand claude

Hi,

I suggest you use the last OBM version (1.2.1) which bring many fixes to 1.2.0.

Sure OBM is often connected to an ldap server, but it is not straightforward.
2 ways

- OBM is used alone, and some scripts and integrations have to be done between
LDAP and the OBM user database (eg: we do this at some place for the french
defense ministry with more than 40 K users)

- OBM is used, integrated with Aliamin (soon to be renamed to OBM-LDAP and
OBM-Mail and integrated more deeply and directly with OBM) so the LDAP is
already there. The goal of Aliamin is to handle an user database (users,
groups, hosts,...) with an LDAP and to handle automatically services connected
in a unique GUI (email, proxy, Windows domain controler... this by
autoconfiguring incrementally Postfix, Cyrus, Squid, Samba,...).
Aliamin has gone a long way and each service can be on separated hosts (eg:
Aliamin talk to cyrus to configure it, create / delete mailbox, shares,... some
daemons have been writen to allow postfix to read all its map in a LDAP, even
those not designed for it,).
Everything is done dynamically with no service interruptions.

--
Pierre Baudracco - Aliacom - 05 62 19 24 91 - www.aliacom.fr