[Obm] Re: ACL

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:51:14 +0100

> Hi Pierre,
>
> I evaluated your product and seems to be perfect for
> my needs.
> But, is there a beta version with ACL ?

No. where would you use acl ?
in the document module ? if so this will be enhance as follow.
- a global document repository where document are attache to entities
(companies, contact, deal, project,...)
There OBM will handle automatically the repository so no path will be needed.
The repository will still be view as hierachical trees but virtuals, built from
document database content.
eg: tree by company, which will show only companies having some documents
linked, or tree by document categories....

- a user associated repository where each user will have a private and pubic
room. for the private room, acl will be accepted to allow some user to access
documents.

> Are you planning to include multiple addresses for Companies/Contacts ?

Contact I doubt.

For company, we should include a way for grouping companies (which then could be
considered as site to the company group)

> What about a mail module ?

If you think webmail, it is not for the near future !
We have a mail admin obm complement (called aliamin) which handle a postfix +
cyrus, has ldap connectors, and user access and rights (internal, external,
quotas, mail aliases, mailing lists, shared mailbox...)
But it is not distributed for now.

For webmail we usually couple this solutions with existing webmails (IMP or
squirrelmail especially)

> Best Regards,
> Marin Blu

hopes this help