[Obm] docs & access

Mehdi Rande mehdi.rande@aliacom.fr
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:13:04 +0200

Panoramix S.L. wrote:

> Hi, It's me again , I hope don't boring you with my questions, but
> It's a really well done system and I'm very enthusiastic with it
>
> here some more:
>
> 2.- I can't update a document in "Production/document/update/update
> file" (overwriting the old one with a new file, same name) it's ok?

I think you should check file permission...

> 3.- When I'm opening a file (consult document) , for example a word
> file, it opens a new window and load the login page in it

It might be because youre session had expire. Did it make this eatch
time you consult a document? If you login did it work?

> 4.- The files created from linux or through network in /var/documents
> can't be seed in the new version

Yes that's true, in the new version of the document management, the
document tree is a now a view of the database and not of
the file system. So when you put a file directly on the fs obm is not
aware of it. If you want to make obm aware of the files which
have been directly put on the file system you must log with admin
permission and go to Administration/Data the in data_update action
select document and execute. It will store on Database all documents (at
least references of all docs) which are in file system and not in the
database.
The data_show action will only show you document which are in file
system and not in database or file which are in database and
not in file system without updating them.

> Thanks again
> Andres

HTH
--