[Obm] Backup /replication server

Alexandre Chapellon achapellon at linagora.com
Wed Dec 2 15:58:25 CET 2015

Hi Benito,

Here we usually use Corosync/Pacemaker solution in order to provide high
availability.
Basically this is a story of setting a postgresql streaming replication
just as shown bellow:

http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/PgSQL_Replicated_Cluster

And them use a shared storage attached to both hosts so the passive
server can access data when taking over.
In OBM *3* Data that needs to be shared are mainly emails,documents.

You can use drbd or synchronisation instead but the later is prone to
corrupted data and the former is much more fragile.

Regards,

Alexandre Chapellon
Responsable Intégration - Linagora
80 rue Roque de Fillol 92800 Puteaux
+33(0)1 46 96 63 30 / +33(0)6 43 90 53 22