[Obm] Default language in OBM 2.3

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Thu Feb 25 21:35:13 CET 2010

Hello Anthony and others,

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Anthony Prades <anthony.prades at obm.org> wrote:
>> Bert Haverkamp <bert at bertenselena.net> wrote on 02/16/2010 09:35 PM:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>> What is your Cyrus version ?
>> obmSatellite need to restart cyrus after adding patitions. By default, it
>> try to restart Cyrus using '/etc/init.d/cyrus2.3' init script. You can
>> change this using 'cyrusStartupScript' option into
>> '/etc/obm-satellite/mods-enabled/cyrusPartition' file.
>>
> That's probably it, I seem to run half on cyrus 2.3 and half on cyrus
> 2.2. ubuntu still has cyrus 2.2, and I can't install cyrus-common-2.3

I got quite a bit further in the past week. I simply created a link
from /etc/cyrus2.3 to /etc/cyrus2.2. It is a bit cheating, but alas:-)
The rest of the installation description on
http://www.obm.org/doku.php?id=docs:install:debian_obm23:obm-mail
worked like a charm.
I have a postfix entry and a cyrus entry in /var/spool for user "jeroen"
 However, I'm not able to connect to the imap server with thunderbird,
kmail or whichever mail prog.
The error I get is in /var/log/mail.log is:
badlogin: fish.oatfield.nl [192.168.0.121] plaintext jeroen SASL(-13):
authentication failure: checkpass failed

Can anyone help me furhter on this? Do I need to enable acces from
other hosts somewhere?

Regards,

Bert