[Obm] Can one use Exim instead of Postfix?

Thomas Cataldo thomas.cataldo at linagora.com
Sat Jul 18 12:44:00 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 11:10 +0100, Jan M. Dziewulski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently interested in using Exim instead of Postfix as it is
> running on my server. I also have all the config set up nicely through
> Apache as I like it. Is it possible for me to coerce OBM into using my
> current setup with a) Exim and b) Apache set up as *I* want it set up or
> do I have to bow down to how it has been set up by the dev team?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Janek

Depends on which parts of OBM you intend to use. If you just need a
shared web-based calendar that sends email invitations, your setup is
fine.

If you need the messaging part of OBM, postfix and cyrus imap are not
optionnal components : we manage postfix maps, cyrus partitions,
mailboxes & mailshares.

For Apache, you can say "no" to the debconf question "Manage OBM virtual
host for me" and manage it by hand.