[Obm] OBM and asset management

Pierre BAUDRACCO pierre.baudracco at aliasource.fr
Wed Jul 2 21:37:55 CEST 2008

Hi Jasper,

> It is indeed what you call "gestion de parc" but in a slimmed down
> version we use here. We are managing servers for our customers and would
> like to have a module (called "servers" or "assets") where we can put
> some information regarding those servers. The module can than be linked
> to the "companies" module. Maybe we write it ourselves, but if you have
> some ideas regarding this module....

This is very specific to your usage and we do not plan to include
specific modules in the generic obm.
If you can do it, wonderful ! else it is specific development and
outside the scope of community development

> We also have some other wishes/ideas regarding obm :
>
> - We would like to have the calendar linked to the timemanagement
> module. An appointment can be linked to a task but the hours booked will
> not show in the timemanagement module. Is this possible to implement ?
> I mean, the task is known and the hours booked so theoratically this
> could be implemented.

we are not at it for now, but will think about it and about tasks globally.

> - The same goes for the incidents. If an incident could also be linked
> to a task (and to a contract) I could book hours on this task. Could
> this be implemented ?

Incident are linked to contract already.
In fact, what you want would be a generic "entity to task" link to be
able to link everything to a task.
This can be interesting, we will think about it.

best regards
Pierre

--
Pierre Baudracco - pierre.baudracco at aliasource.fr - www.aliasource.fr
AliaSource - Groupe LINAGORA Toulouse 05 62 19 24 91 - Paris 01 58 18 68 28