[Obm] New in the list...

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliasource.fr
Mon, 09 Oct 2006 19:01:41 +0200

guillaume lederer a écrit :
> Hello all,
> I am new in this list and just discovered this nice tool we might use in
> our project.
>
> As not an expert with apache configuration, I searched for a simple way
> to fully test it on local with  apache2 and php4 installed localy on a
> ubuntu desktop machine, the online manual page seems to be dedicated to
> apache1.3 and as I have other php applications running on my machine, I
> wish to install it in my home (/home/guim/public_html) repository and
> not /var/www. But I am not sure about what I should modify in the
> default installation process explained on official website...

hello,

simple change all /var/www by your path (/home/guim or anything else)
Doc is valid for apache2 too.

> I tested the online demo, which seems very promising but lots of options
> are inacessible as we get php errors instead of the expected screen...

the online demo is really deprecated with an old obm version and a very old
mysql which cause sql errors (obm now needs at least mysql 4.1)

> Is there some other place where I could find more information about the
> installation process for my configuration?

the online doc (http://obm.aliacom.fr/doc/install/install-1.2.html) should
be sufficient

--
Pierre Baudracco - pierre.baudracco@aliasource.fr - www.aliasource.fr
AliaSource - Toulouse : 05 62 19 24 91 - Paris : 01 48 25 53 13