[Obm] OBM under Windows XP

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:44:00 +0200

Quoting EMILY LI <emilyli@shaw.ca>:

> hi there!
> i did try to follow your instructions
> (http://www.list.aliacom.fr/obm/2004-June/000184.html ) in installing OBM. I
> installed SOKKIT which has already the apache server and php, mysql. anyways,
> i am getting a bunch of NOTICE messages. and when i suppress the NOTICES, i
> get a screen with the text and boxes all over. it looks like it did not use
> the template. here's some of the messages:
> Notice: Undefined variable: mode in
> c:\sokkit\site\obm\obminclude\global_pref.inc on line 12
> Notice: Undefined variable: set_lang in
> c:\sokkit\site\obm\obminclude\global_pref.inc on line 16
> Notice: Undefined variable: mode in
> c:\sokkit\site\obm\obminclude\global_pref.inc on line 16
> Notice: Undefined variable: set_lang in
> c:\sokkit\site\obm\obminclude\global_pref.inc on line 48
> Notice: Undefined variable: set_theme in
> c:\sokkit\site\obm\obminclude\global_pref.inc on line 49

Hi,

I personnaly don't know SOKKIT, maybe some here don know it ?
But from the error it seems that your install doesn't not like using undefined
variables. I see 2 possibilities :
- else SOKKIT has a "strict" option (something like the tainted mode from perl)
that set variable definition mandatory before use. If so try to find and disable
this option
- else some includes are not done (strange as global_pref.inc is read by an
include) or there are problem with sessions.

Maybe try to add this line in the beginning of global_pref.inc

if (! defined ($mode)) { $mode = ""; }

to see what it gives.

ps: which obm version do you use ?
--