[Obm] ACL and more

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 03:41:21 +0100

> I would like to know if you are going to develop a new ACL for modules and
> submodules (i.e. module:commercial & submodules:Companies, Contacts etc)

Hi Marin,

No. But we are implementing a finer grained profile model with granularity to
obm modules (what you call submodules : company, contact,...)

Each user has a profile.
A profile will consist of:
company rights + contact rights + ...
until now rights were attributed at a section level (Commercial, Production,...)

Basic rights will be enhanced too.
to module_
_read
_write
_admin_read
_admin_write
we will add
_owner (read and write as read alone has no sense)
owner allow the user to read / write only its datas (that he created)

This will allow profile creation like (eg for module company)
company_read + company_owner
that will allow the user to search and view companies, create new ones and
update only these.

> Also, is there at your plans to improve the calendar ? Meaning, why not show
> at calendar the ToDO's, Projects and Incidents ?

We hadn't think about that before.
I don't see project very well in this.

But we are thinking about a planning management (to handle resources) but on a
half day basis. EG: this user is set for this project next 20 days.
The display should be more like the one in time management (month view) to allow
many user plannings simultaneously.

But nothing is decided as of now as we would like too a global resource
management (rooms, cars, video,..)

> A suggestion is to create a CVS repository in order users of your appl to
> keep tracking without losing their changes and have fast way to bugtracking.

we want to keep our cvs internaly for some reasons (security, ease,...) but we
could make an automatic tarball on daily basis available on the obm site.
Coud it fit your needs ?

> Best Regards,
> Marin Blu

Bye