[Obm] Re: OBM 1?

Pierre Baudracco pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:06:10 +0200

Hutchinson C wrote:
> Dear Aliacom
>
> while searching for a good colaborative group calendar I
> stumbled across your wonderfull application.  Some quick
> questions when do you expect to release a version 1 as I
> lack root access on the server to do a number of the
> install steps currently necessary for .6.

Hi and thank you for the comment.

Version 1 is not planned soon as we have big goals gor it.
But OBM is already usable for production (we use it as many others).

Version 0.7 is due out soon (early september) with great enhancements
- new display fully CSS, with only one layout function,
- each modules ported to new display with new (and better) look
- new module : project management
- time module totally rewritten
- dynamic lists
- group module
- csv exports for all result lists
- ...

> Also how difficult would it be (and would I be allowed) to strip
> everything down to just the calendar and user authentication.

Sure you are allowed.
Not so difficult but a little code tweaking (to remove tabs and menus not used.
This could or should be done only by commenting out $menus definitions in
obminclude/global_pref.inc)

> The purpose of the calendar is to run a
> hockey association of 200 kids+ on two arenas.  You can
> visit the development site if you like
> http://socr.uwindsor.ca/~hutchic/minto_v1.5  Also if
> version 1 is not expected for quite some time would it be
> possible to have a install script written?

what are the steps you are not allowed to do ?

$obminclude can be set manually instead of being returned by apache (and so
needing an httpd.conf modif and an php.ini modif)
/images is an apache alias to the current theme.
You could copy all the themes images in a directory named image in you web root
tree.

Hopes this helps.

--
Pierre Baudracco - pierre.baudracco@aliacom.fr